Thursday, December 08, 2011

Winter sky; hopeful light

Winter always held a special magic for me, even before we were introduced to snow in 1997. There is just something about the crispness, the puffs of breath, the stomping of feet, and the appreciation of coming inside to warm up. Perhaps I'm older, but the winter light, the clouds, the sun traveling low on the horizon during the cold months and the light holding strange shadows really fascinate me here in Ontario. Today when I left the office, this was the wonderful sky that welcomed me outside:

Pink diffused light

I can't get enough of how the slightest bit of weak sunlight turns a mediocre scene into a delight. It takes my breath away with a dramatic sky, with interesting clouds being lit from the side and diffused light softly touching buildings and corners. The camera is usually nearby, not to take a prize-winning picture, but to capture a ray of hope when it is least expected, often while I'm pre-occupied with thoughts of traffic, chores, shopping or work. What a beautiful world we live in!



No comments:

Other stories to read:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...